April seemed to arrive without me really noticing. Spring seems to sneak up on us here. The weather can fool you. It's gray and cool, cold and gray, warm-ish and gray, and, as was the case yesterday, it gets grayer and grayer. Naturally I was working this morning so it was quite nice out.
Mrs cleaned up nearly all of the perennial beds on Sunday The plants are poking through and the buds on the shrubs are starting to swell a little.
Anyway...
Monday
I was able to get to the station in the morning on Monday for workout #1 as written up by one of my co-workers. It felt good to get back in the gym and things seemed to go well. I may take him up on his offer to refer me to a trainer/acquaintance of his at a local gym for some more guidance and additional help with training. This, of course, requires joining the particular gym and paying for the trainer, but I expect after a few visits I could be kicked loose until the next "phase", which changes once a month. On non-gym days I am supposed to be running to prepare for some upcoming 5k charity runs as well as the Falmouth Road Race. Toss two jobs into the mix and things get a little silly. I can make it work on paper, but in practice things get a little nuts. One blip, sputter or unexpected change throws the day off requiring a quick restructuring which usually results in missing a run or gym day.
Mrs and I managed a little time together. I needed her to take me to my eye appointment and act as my designated driver afterward. Thankfully a little issue that showed up on the first visit was gone and my prescription actually changed slightly for the better. My next appointment was to the orthodontist (more on that at a much later date if it develops) which was great fun. After that we ran through the pouring rain over to Coffee Obsession for a coffee treat. We made it inside and then the clouds really opened up. It was as close to a "date" as we have had in a while and I really enjoyed sitting there with her, watching the rain and the people.
Tuesday
I did not run today after the kennel as I had a surprise phone call this morning from an old friend who had heard I was looking for some windows to use on a cold frame for the garden and he had a lead on a bunch. After work I met up with him and we loaded my truck with 15 windows, 4 of which I took for myself and the rest will be used for his small greenhouse project in upstate New York. I think they will work just fine for my purposes and I hope to work on that tomorrow (after the gym, of course). I may also have gotten a good lead on a source for bamboo to use in the garden, but it will take a little time to develop that.
I see now that things could get very out of hand if I do not stick to a strict schedule. I cannot wait to get started in the garden and have time penciled in for that.
There will be plenty of things to come.
My PC has been scrubbed clean and rebuilt by my mother-in-law and I am awaiting it's return. It appears there was in fact some type of malware in it, but I have no idea for how long it's been infected.
Carry on.
3 comments:
Wow, you sure are busy but I'm glad you take time for the Mrs. Can't let a tough schedule take you from the important people.
So glad your computer has been scrubbed and is in recovery.
Know what you mean about this weather mess. Can only say it it not boring.
Sounds like spring is really trying up there. Enjoy.
"The training we do is the consequence of an attitude. The attitude is the meaningful fundamental; without it no benefits may be realized. You must want (or need) to be where you are, doing what you are doing. If you can't pay attention or if you don't want to work hard, don't bother showing up to go through the motions. Nothing is gained by doing one thing with your body and another with your mind."
via www.gymjones.com/knowledge.php?id=25
Barry, your positive attitude is why you will succeed. Staying fit is a lifetime responsibility to yourself, so these new workouts are just the beginning. ;)
Not to mention, it will give us something to do together. (Giggity)
Patti- I am anxiously awaiting the return of my PC.
Joe Cat- Great quote. I'm trying to stay positive and hoping this does not get swallowed up by my life.
Post a Comment