Thursday, April 16, 2009

Another Beauty

Though a teeny bit chilly (ice on the bird bath this morning), it was a great weather day. I spent a few hours clearing brush at the kennel this morning in preparation for some other clean up work. After enjoying a little time with Mrs while she was home for lunch, I was able to get out for a run.

I am under the impression that I have a pretty good sense of smell, and it seems to be enhanced while on a run. I am guessing that is because of the volume of air I am taking in (and letting out). I was struck by a couple odors in particular today. The fragrance coming off of the pitch pines was amazing and invigorating. My run takes me through a golf course, too. There was an intense earthy odor there today. Now and then I get a strong odor of cigar smoke when a golfer goes scooting by in his (or her) golf cart. When a smoker drives by I can clearly smell the cigarette smoke. I could be more sensitive to that as a former smoker, I suppose.

I took tomorrow off to try to get ahead of some work at FBF. My plan is a quick workout in the morning, then burn brush. That will be the focus of the day. I may take a few trees down as well since I have the fire going already. Forecast is for sun, sun and more sun. Should be a perfect day for burning.

4 comments:

Live/Love/Life said...

Good do some burning for me.

Brian said...

Your nose will probably run more as you run (no pun intended), at least in cooler temperatures. Just wear gloves or long sleeves:)

Barry said...

elvoy- If I ever grow a spine and run in the cold I will take your advice about the sleeves or gloves. ;)

What I need to do is add some miles!

Arkansas Patti said...

Former smoker here also. I can pass someone on a busy street who is smoking and feel my breath catch in my throat. I feel for them, just can't breath around them. Know how you feel.