The dogs were hesitant to venture out this morning, but nature calls. Once out in the makeshift kennel I have for them they enjoy playing in it. Bella tries to run circles (it's a leftover behavior from the track I believe), but the pen is too small for that. So, she resorts to spinning in place and mouthing the snow.
Once the novelty of the snow and ice wears off, and a few gust of wind blow up their coats, they are ready to return to the warmth of the house and their beds.
A winter storm is a good time for chili. I prepared this last night and left it in the slow cooker until this morning. A few tweaks of the herbs and spices before bed, and I think I have a nice flavored chili with not too much heat. The 'con carne' ingredients are ground beef from Vermont Natural Beef and ground bison.
4 comments:
Love the coats!(sweater?) And the chili looks divine!
G - The coats are polar fleece custom made by the lady I work with. Chili turned out tasty.
Mmmm. Chili. It's one of our staples, here in NM. If you ever want, I've got some great recipes.
The coats are wonderful. Luka the Wonder Lab could definitely use one. Does she take orders? :)
Ooooooo. I bet that southwest chili is fantastic! I am most certainly interested in recipes.
Unfortunately I cannot convince my friend to make dog coats for others. she has a lot on her plate anyway and probably would not have time. Believe me, I did try to get her to do something with them.
Post a Comment