Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Mill Run & Looking Ahead

Another treadmill run this morning with an odd mix of tunes to help me along. I wanted twenty minutes. I got fifty.

Started with Walk Like An Egyptian by The Bangles. I wasn't sure of this choice, but it worked to get me moving. "Life's hard you know, so strike a pose on a Cadillac"

Last Night - The Traveling Wilburys.

Shadow Hand - Bruce Hornsby

The Real Life - John Mellencamp

I'm The One - Van Halen

Gold-Tipped Boots, Black Jacket & Tie - Jethro Tull "I'm egg over easy/I'm washing up squeezy/Appliance for sale/Fat wind in my sail.."

Let It All Hang Out - The Hombres

Scenes From An Italian Restaurant - Billy Joel - Strange, but it worked for me.

Only The Good Die Young - Billy Joel- This had a surprisingly great running tempo for me. My right foot hit the mill perfectly throughout the song with each hand clap or hi-hat cymbal, whichever happened to be keeping the beat at the moment. "I'd rather laugh with the sinners then cry with the Saints. The sinners are much more fun..."

Big Love - Fleetwood Mac

Feel Your Love - Van Halen

Love and Happiness - John Mellencamp

Acoustic #3 - Goo Goo Dolls to cool down.


This was a good run for me, despite being on the mill. I felt fatigued by the end, but recovered quickly. I really had no issues with my breathing which was great. Can't wait to get back on the road.

Fooseberry, myself and the some others are working on a list of local 5k and other run/walk events for the near future. Here are a few possibilities:

4/18/09 - 5TH ANNUAL ROBERT STONE MEMORIAL ROAD RACE

05/02/09 - Cape Abilities 5k Run/Walk

05/09/09 - 9th Annual Cape Cod Irish Village Road Race - 5 miler

05/17/09 - YPD Blue 5k Run For a Reason

05/23/09 - 5th Annual Cape Cod Highland Light Ocean to the Bay 5 mi run/walk

08/09/09 - 37th CIGNA Falmouth Road Race

Anyone care to add to this list?

A lovely visit to the eye doctor this afternoon. Have to return at some point for a follow up and to pick out frames. Joy.

2 comments:

FFNick said...

The Bangles - eh?



Might have to turn in your man card for a week...


=)

Barry said...

Hey, FFN. I used to play them on WPSA and I never heard any grief, about that anyway.. And Susanna Hoffs.... I mean, C'mon! ;)