Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Pushing The Seasons

It was a rather pleasant day on the Cape, but chilly. Of course our friends in upstate NY are still in full-blown winter and under feet of snow, so I guess I can't complain.

At the kennel the daffodils have been poking up for a while. At Frost Bottom, a difference of a couple miles, they are not. I did notice some green under last year's day lily greens around the mailbox though. I walked around taking a few images with the camera before the batteries died.

Last season's sedum. I'm anxiously awaiting the first signs of them poking through.



What's left of the hydrangeas. These did very well last year. Very well for us, at least....

We have a lot of clean up work ahead of us, but I am really excited for spring. I know, I know. I'm pushing it.



It was just warm enough to hang some laundry outside this morning. The sun is getting stronger every day so I anticipate being able to do this more rather than having clothes hanging from my shower curtain rod and racks inside.

No comments: