No feeding station would be complete without visiting squirrels. I happen to be rather fond of squirrels and don't mind them at all. I've never understood the ongoing battles that some people have with them. Yes, they can destroy feeders, but I have had pretty good luck with using quality feeders as well as keeping plenty of seed on the ground for them. This practice usually keeps them off the feeders.
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Fox Sparrows
We've had a couple special visitors to the feeders for the past couple days. Fox sparrows are large, uncommon sparrows that do winter here on the Cape. There have been two today on the deck feeding on sunflower seeds. Mrs was able to capture a few good images.

No feeding station would be complete without visiting squirrels. I happen to be rather fond of squirrels and don't mind them at all. I've never understood the ongoing battles that some people have with them. Yes, they can destroy feeders, but I have had pretty good luck with using quality feeders as well as keeping plenty of seed on the ground for them. This practice usually keeps them off the feeders.
No feeding station would be complete without visiting squirrels. I happen to be rather fond of squirrels and don't mind them at all. I've never understood the ongoing battles that some people have with them. Yes, they can destroy feeders, but I have had pretty good luck with using quality feeders as well as keeping plenty of seed on the ground for them. This practice usually keeps them off the feeders.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment