I spent some time today cleaning up the leaves from the yard. I run them over with the lawn tractor to chop them up and suck them up in the
bagger attachment. This allows for quicker decomposition in the compost heap. I also used a lot of the leaves for mulching in the raspberries and blueberries. The rest went into the compost which, when I dug down into it, was steaming very nicely.

The chickens are doing very well so far. For the past two days we've been getting three eggs, which has been nice. They should all be providing very soon.

2 comments:
Barry, have you started to give the ladies names?
Oh yes. They were named when they were days old.
Rosie is the rooster (we didn't know at the time he was a she, but I figure if Rosie Greer can have that name, so can our rooster).
The two black sex-links are Baby and Raven.
The two Plymouth Barred Rocks are Lily and Iris.
The two Araucanas are Minnie and Hermione.
:)
Post a Comment