Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Monday - Labor Day

Mrs and I actually had a full day off together. So, we relaxed a little bit and then headed off to Falmouth to hit Eastman Hardware's sale. They had a few things in the weekly circular I wanted to check out and a good price on Coleman fuel canisters. We had used a few for canning and needed to stock up. Considering the current view of the Atlantic tropical storm systems care of The National Hurricane Center I'd say we couldn't have too many on hand. After Eastman's we took a ride to Woods Hole and decided to have lunch at the Captain Kidd. I wished I had brought my camera. We ate out on the deck under the canopy overlooking Eel Pond in perfect weather. The only negative was the couple with four or five kids (I lost count and they all looked the same). Only one was obnoxious and whiny though, so we were able to ignore them fairly well.

After a tasty lunch we took the long way home along the water out to Maravista. Traffic was not too bad and it was good to see some of the places we avoid during the summer.

Once at home we reluctantly worked around the yard and repaired the little door that leads from the chicken coop to their yard. It wasn't very easy to use, but after we were finished it works quite well.

We were once again inundated with tomatoes so we decided to make more salsa and canned 6 pints. Nice. I've lost count of how many pints of sauce Mrs has frozen already.

My Tuesday didn't go as planned, or at least I modified it a little. I was hoping to work on a list of things I wanted to get done, but received a call a little before 8:30 that they needed help at the kennel. So, I filled a coffee mug, got dressed and headed out without breakfast. After helping to get that place under control, I took Logan to the vet for his shots at 11:30, stopped at town hall after that to license him.

We arrived home and spent a little time with the Mrs for lunch and I was able to eat. I spent time cleaning up Guapo's paddock, getting the trash ready for the pick up tomorrow, and mowing the edges of the property which will make it easier to cut with the lawn tractor if I get to do that this week.

So, all in all it was a productive day. Just not in the way I had intended.

No comments: