Thursday, September 4, 2008

Blow.

It appears Tropical Storm Hanna will make an appearance here in one form or another over the weekend. It should be out of here by Sunday morning. Aside from some gusty winds and perhaps some heavy rain we should make out all right. I'll be watching Category 4 Hurricane Ike with a wary eye however.

One of these days, maybe not tomorrow or next week, or next year, but someday we (The Cape) will get nailed again by a 1938-type storm or worse. It will be ugly and people will not know what to do with themselves in the aftermath. As it is, some can hardly survive without power for a couple hours. Oh, the humanity! Our last, Hurricane Bob in 1991, was bad, but really not that bad and I was without power for a week. Others were without for a longer period of time.

Gardens.....

Most of the tomatoes have been picked clean except for the Roma which are still producing heavily. I expect we'll be freezing more sauce soon. I picked several pounds today. Most of the summer squash and zucchini has past as well. Mainly a result of no rainfall. I picked several green bell peppers today and they will be frozen at some point, maybe tonight. We need rain, so I'm hoping Hanna gives us that but not much else.

1 comment:

Live/Love/Life said...

Looking forward to it!
I think your right, way over due.