Fantastic weather today with a wind out of the north which brought cooler air in off the Atlantic, I think due, in part, to Tropical Storm Cristobal. That storm is now safely away from us.
I had another "to do" list for today, most of which carried over from yesterday. I was able to get a majority of it accomplished and only have one (major) thing to cover on Wednesday. I did not schedule myself at the kennel so I could (try to) get ahead of the list. So, tomorrow will be spent mostly on the riding mower and pushing the walk-behind where the tractor can't get. That and hand clipping the grass around all the raised beds. An easy day to come.
Anyway, I fed the pony and let the chicks out after their first night in the new coop. They all seemed great! Logan was next on the list. Fed and walked. After getting some coffee and seeing the Mrs. off to work I hung two loads of laundry, spent a little time on the computer and then got to work. I cleaned the horse paddock and stall, reset the rubber mats we have outside of the barn to prevent erosion caused by Guapo's big feet and delivered the manure to our neighbor for composting. Next was cleaning up the chick brooder and, after lunch, turning over our compost heap, mixing in the chicken bedding and making a space for some new compost material.
I spent about 20 or 30 minutes picking beans and cukes. I filled a large wooden bowl with beans which Mrs is freezing tonight.
All of the fruit in the dehydrator was processed and has been stored. I'm planning on drying some apples after work tonight.
The bluebird babies are doing quite well and are almost completely feathered. We checked them yesterday and pulled one out to see if there were any parasite problems. Squeaky clean. We've had a family of American robins coming to the birdbath and young northern cardinals as well at the feeders, among quite a few other species.
The driveway really needs to be weeded too.....
More later.
2 comments:
S-L-O-W D-O-W-N
Really, I mean come on now. You want my wife to read this? You know what kind of Tornado Honey Do List all this is gonna get me?!!
Sheesh.
Maybe you should come down and cut my grass. Yeah, that's it...
You've got your hands full with the kids. I need something to do, right?
;) Cutting the grass... That would be a vacation for me.
Post a Comment