We made it to the fair after picking up a friend of ours in Mashpee. Naturally I forgot the camera, but really there was nothing to photograph. What a disappointment. The agricultural portion is a testament to the loss of family farms in the county and state. We checked out the animals, which took all of 15 minutes. The saddest part of this spectacle was the "petting zoo". I have no problem with the domestic critters. They're well fed for sure and accustomed to being there. I am not sure about the wild animals that are obviously crazy with being caged up. When you see a wild cat or anteater walking in circles or spider monkey repeating the same actions over and over again, something is wrong. We saw this same "petting zoo" in Vermont a couple years ago.
The Adult Exhibit Hall houses various projects done by county residents such as produce, canned goods, photographs, quilts (Nice job, Barb and Kathy!) and specimen flowers. I have to say, we probably would have been good competition in the produce and flower categories but I missed the entry deadline. Next year, perhaps.
We came dangerously close to going into the midway. Do you remember the cantina scene from the original Star Wars?......... Enough said.
MONDAY
On Monday, which I consider part of my weekend and is my only full day off, I got the oil changed in my G.W. Bush (thanks, Nick!) truck which is now a whopping $48 at the local Christian Lube. I call it Christian Lube as the sign out front usually quotes verse and scripture and they leave a Bible out on the coffee table. I got right in which was great. Usually I hit a line out into the street. Mrs. was off at acupuncture and then was going to hit the market for supplies.
We decided it was time for the chicks to live full time in their coop, so I spent the entire afternoon completing the interior of the shed. It was great to finally complete this project. It was hot and disgusting, but for some reason I enjoy this. So, we settled the birds in for the night. This image was taken sometime after 11 pm. They have not figured out the roosts yet, but they will.
I modified the recipe a little by tossing in any number of spices and dried herbs. So with all my kitchen work done, I finally hit the sack and slept solidly.
No comments:
Post a Comment