Another great summer weekend spent mostly at home. I worked a full day at the kennel on Sunday and hit Kappy's after that for some Saranac, Smutty Nose and Buzzards Bay Lager. We then enjoyed a fantastic meal here at home. Mrs. prepared some local sea scallops wrapped in zucchini (grown here), roasted red pepper, and bacon. Skewered and grilled. We also had some grilled potato and marinated zucchini, also grilled. Awesome. We then had a great fire even with a brief smattering of rain.
Today, Monday, I finished up the outdoor chicken fortress. I have a little more fencing work to do inside and it will be finished. We let the birds out again for most of the rest of the day. They are beginning to look like hens now. The sick chick is coming along though still significantly smaller. It appears that she will make it and is quite energetic. Here is one of the Rhode Island Reds (at least they're supposed to be. It's possible they are New Hampshire Reds...)
7 comments:
Lookin' good! Birds are coming along nicely, too.
Ever think about Guinea Hens?
Our neighbor has Guineas. At one point we had 30+ of the things running around. Only two now. As far as I can figure they're pretty useless. So, no.
Well, I kinda like how they look....
But I was also under the impression that they were tick eating machines. No?
That's true. They love ticks. I just can't stand the noise they make. Yeah, they're pretty cool looking, too. Maybe some day they'll grow on me. You'll have to convince the Mrs as well. ;)
You will never be able to convince me to have guinea hens unless they breed them to be mutes!!
What?
=) Just kidding.
I like 'em, tho!
If I had a lot of acreage in NY or VT, I would have them. They're just too much here.
Post a Comment