Monday, June 23, 2008

One horse's picky appetite......

..... is another man's mulch.

Guapo seems to be very picky when it comes to hay and even more now that he's been able to get out to graze on the fresh stuff. There is a lot of waste but I am able to use it for mulch after composting it for a time.

Mrs G went out to run some errands and go to an appointment. So I moved a few loads of the mulch as well as turning over the entire compost heap.














I love the smell of tomato plants, maybe even more than the taste of tomato. With luck and a little green on the thumb, this flower will someday be one of the fruits of labor.




1 comment:

Fooseberry said...

That is funny- I do too. I remember the smell of them in my grandmother's garden. I always rub the leaves and smell them too.
I am a plant stalker I guess.