Sunday, June 22, 2008

First Official Summer Weekend

It's 9:53 pm and we're sitting on the deck under the canopy in the middle of a moderate rain shower having a couple cocktails. Mrs. G is re-reading the Harry Potter series and started on book three today. It's a little buggy out, but tolerable. Life is good.

I spent today at the kennel working with the dogs in the morning and mowing the large play area in the afternoon. There were a couple young eastern cottontail rabbits running around and a few cicadas too. I brought Logan this afternoon for some social time. It was good for him to be there and after work I ran him around in the freshly cut play area. I wish I had thought to bring the camera. I did snap a couple shots with my phone. Poor quality, but you get the point. He had a blast.

Yesterday Mrs. G helped me out by taking digital images of some of our perennial plants. We are trying to catalogue the plants, but unfortunately we've lost most of the tags from when we purchased them. We know what most of them are luckily.



Before work I grabbed the camera and spent some time chasing this hummingbird moth.






Here is a delicate little columbine that I really like and it did quite well this year.







Another columbine we have is this purple variety. These have been growing on the property for as long as I can recall and we have transplanted several to our main perennial bed.





Our Digitalis bloomed nicely this year as did the Delphinium. Next year or the year after should be really good for them.





We were lucky enough to be allowed to take a Stella D'ora day lily from our friends' place in upstate New York. This is one of connections to a favorite place that I don't often get to.







No comments: