Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I admit it. I'm Crunchy!

I made my own granola this evening with ingredients from our local natural foods store. Here are the ingredients and what it looks like in the food dehydrator. After drying, the dried fruit of choice can be added. I have dried organic cranberries to go in. I thought I purchased dried apricots as well, but can't find them. I guess I put them back on the shelf in the store.....

4 comments:

Gia's Spot said...

Yummy sounds delish to me!! When is breakfast?
Oh Farmer B. you will laugh at this.. on fathers day my dad said he might need me to take care of his LAYING CHICKENS this winter!! Yikes was all I could think to say!! He already was working on a heated floor for their roost!! OMG what do I do now?????? What the heck do I know about chickens .....and I saw them, they ARE NOT little cute fluffy things like yours, they are huge and clucking and pooping and everthing! Umm how big is your yard again?? (lol)

Por2gee said...

a food deyhydrator? Can you put fruits n such in there??? Where could I aquire one of these? I might have a serious problem with dried pineapple ....

Barry said...

I love dried pineapple and have dried it myself. SO much better than store bought!

I've also done apples (yum!) zucchini and summer squash.

I am hoping to try beef jerky once we get the moo from VT.

Look up Excalibur food dehydrator on "The Google".

Live/Love/Life said...

I LOVE my dehydrator and just broke it out for the nanner peels.
It is great, I seriously forgot how the natural aromos emit through out.
However, I was originally posting about the top photo on this post.
Yeah looks like your getting ready to cook crack....LOL - Sorry