Sunday, June 8, 2008

Babies

It's pretty hot today, even for the Cape. We've been working in the yard most of the day. I cut most of the grass and am about to put up a fence around the squash garden as everything is poking up through the soil today. We took the peeps out early for some scratch and play time.
The chickadee nest shown in an earlier post is alive with young now. The parents are busy gathering insects for them. Not the best shot, but here they are. I'm not sure how many there are.







Both barn swallow nests have babies in them. The newest bunch seems to have hatched sometime last night into this morning as the babies are still little pink blobs. I'm not sure if the egg in the middle is viable. We'll know in a day or so. The other nest has older young in it. They are very hot today and hopefully they'll not succumb to the heat.



1 comment:

Por2gee said...

OMG I HEART BABY BIRDS!!!!!