We spent most of the day outside. We built two more raised beds, planted 36 tomato plants, 6 green peppers, quite a few seeds, and I tilled, added compost to, and tilled again the new area for the squashes and cukes.
Barn Swallows
The barn swallow pairs are quite active. So much so that I thought perhaps the eggs had hatched, but it appears they still have some incubating to do as this one was quickly back on the nest and glaring at me.

We set up the temporary fencing for Guapo so he could graze without us having to keep him on a lead line and stand around watching him eat.


4 comments:
What a nice job you do, Barry! Are you going to have a farm stand for all the veggies? Wonderful pics!
Teri-
Thanks for the comments. I'll be happy if I get anything out of it. ;)
By the way......
High Mowing was recommended by a good friend of mine in the Adirondacks. I had intended to purchase a number of seeds from them this season, but we received a bunch from another friend and the few I needed I purchased locally.
BG
Awesome, You are quite the inspiration. Got the garden area tilled and planted Suger babies, bell peppers, tomatoes and some other yummy stuff.
Oh by the way, we are trying to grow potatoes too after talking to you.
Potatoes are fun and grow well. Just keep hilling them up as the greens poke through the surface. I only stuck in about 8 or 10 just for kicks. They're growing and hopefully will produce something. I know it's not much but it's fun to play with this stuff sometimes.
Post a Comment