After we planted three new roses, I cut the grass on the side and front yards. This was the first official mowing of the season and gave several bags of nice greens for the compost. We also moved a good number of perennials from near the tool shed into more permanent homes. This will also make way for more food producing gardens.
Some of the asparagus is growing nicely but there are several plants that have not emerged yet. I'll give them some time, but I don't hold out too much hope for them. I also mulched the spinach, lettuces and carrot to try to give them a boost. One more weekend and it will be time to plant everything else.
We had a surprise visit from my old friend Jeremy and his wife Ady. They had been cycling all over town (literally!) and stopped in on their way back to North Falmouth. They're getting ready for the MS ride from Quincy to Provincetown scheduled for sometime in June. SO good to see them.
The weather was absolutely perfect for most of the day. Both of us got some color which we desperately needed. Later in the afternoon the clouds rolled in, it became breezy and a few rain drops fell.
I took a few images but they all came out crappy. I'll try again tomorrow.
There is more news but it will have to wait until I work a few things out.
3 comments:
Thanks for the cliffhanger Barry........
what kind of roses?
Betty Prior and Apple Blossom Carpet.
Post a Comment