Friday, April 25, 2008

Frost

Chilly morning here. I went out to hang laundry (more on that at a later date) at about 6:30 and about halfway through realized that it was a little bit colder than I expected. I noticed the windshield on the Matrix covered in ice crystals and the water in the birdbath was frozen. The photo above was taken minutes after the sun made it's appearance so there is only a small amount of ice left. Below is one of our cat mint plants fringed in frost.


The last image is a shot of the apple and cherry trees in our side yard between the driveway and the house.

6 comments:

FFNick said...

Brrr! Not here, man! Sunny and, well, atlesat it's in the 50's....

Barry said...

It's really nice now! ;)

Anonymous said...

Reasons I like you;

Most people aren't up at 630 (am)
Most people don't hang laundry
Most people wouldn't think to take a picture of something "neat" (let alone at 630 am)
Most people aren't you.

Hey Barry?
"Yes, Joe"
Knock, Knock
"Who's there?"
You friend, Joe. And he's always going to be there for you.

FFNick said...

Frost here this AM - sure you folks had it, too. Hopefully you brought in what you could, and covered what you couldn't.....

Barry said...

Actually, we didn't for some reason.
Tonight it's likely though. Frost/Freeze advisory.

Anonymous said...

Hi Barry,

Nice job on the blog. Your a gifted writer,you should think about maybe a book of some sort someday.Perhaps a biography of your life. I know most of your days are documented. Prehaps you could inspire someone out there with your stories.You could call your bird watching book "OUT ON A LIMB". Maybe your gardening book could be called. "GET DIRTY WITH ME".HA HA HA..... HE HE HE. Look forward to see your progress. Laura RDH