Thursday, February 9, 2017

February Nor'easter


Anxiously awaiting the change over from rain to snow. The radar image above shows the rain/snow line over the Upper Cape. Looking out the window as I type, it is still raining. Wind speed is also increasing. Inland areas are expecting a widespread area of 12 - 18 inches of snow. Heavier, wetter snow on the coast should keep the accumulations down to around 8 - 12 inches, however I'd rather have lighter, fluffier snow. It's much easier to move around. Combine the heavy snow with the expected high winds and we may lose electricity for a while. Either way, we're ready.

3 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

It is looking like a fearsome storm. Stay safe with lights on.

Anonymous said...

Hope the power stayed on. Falmouth was running 30% out when I checked!

Barry said...

We've been without since around 2:30 PM.
It's 10:30 PM as I type.