Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Birdie Day.... From Inside

This is one of those days that I look outside at the thick waves of cold, wind-blown, soaking drizzles coming in from the east/northeast and decide to only go outside for the essentials: grab the mail, return the rubbish barrel to the barn, pick up dog crap, etc. Inside, I wrapped up the end of year file organization (early for me!), drank more coffee than I should have, played with the pups and watched the birds (and squirrels) at the feeder. Sometimes you need a day like this.

We've had a pine warbler visiting regularly which is a nice treat. I normally associate them with warm, spring days. One of the first warbler songs heard here in the spring belongs to them.



Birds here this morning:

Black-capped chickadee
Tufted titmouse
Song Sparrow
House Sparrow
Dark-eyed junco
Carolina wren (2)
Mourning Dove
Hairy woodpecker
House finch
Downy woodpecker
Northern cardinal
American goldfinch
Red-breasted nuthatch
White-breasted nuthatch
Pine warbler

So, nothing much else going on here today. Time to suit up and retrieve the recycle bin from the roadside.

Peace.


1 comment:

Arkansas Patti said...

You really are getting the nasty part of winter. Still hasn't hit her yet.
You certainly have an amazing variety at your feeder. I haven't put one out yet as the weather has been quite nice.