Monday, February 8, 2016

February 8th Blizzard

It's just before 2 PM on Monday February 8th, 2016 and we are in the middle of a good sized snow storm which is giving the coast another blast. Heaviest snow will likely be on Cape Cod or just off Cape with some ocean enhancement coming in as the storm moves further away.

We are on the fringe of a massive ocean storm. Luckily for us, the snow isn't really sticking to the trees because the winds are high and the snow is fluffy.

 Storm seen from GOES satellite. The center is about 350 miles from the Cape in this shot.

Projected snowfall amounts. These may or may not be a bit high. We won't know for sure until late tonight and tomorrow.

I have yet to get out to take pictures with the camera, but I was out earlier in the day to remove two stockade fence panels that came down when the post between them snapped in the wind and took the following images with my iPhone. We didn't want them getting buried in the snow. It was a bit of a workout to move them in the wind and snow, but they are safely secured to the chicken coop.


So far, our only damage. I guess I have a project when we thaw.





We had about 5 or 6 inches when the above shots were taken in the morning, and I think we have about twice that as I type at 2:10 PM.

It's my day off with Mrs, so we are just enjoying the day, watching movies, the birds and enjoying a peaceful day with the pups and kitties.

I picked up a balaclava the other day at our local cheap store called Ocean State Job Lot for $5. I originally wanted it for use while backpacking in cooler weather, or even cool nights in the summer, but I decided to give it a try today. Really love it! Nice and toasty.

1 comment:

Arkansas Patti said...

Now that is a nice snow.So glad you kept power and not much damage. Also convenient that it was you day off though "snow days" that keep us from work are fun too.
Stay safe and warm.