Saturday, January 31, 2015

Vermont Camping In September (2014) - End

I wanted to share a few more images from our Vermont trip in September of 2014.  I did not keep notes on our last few trips, so I have no timeline to go by, but can expand a bit on some of the pictures I have.

I think I left off on our escape from the gun and cannon fire in Killington to Moosalamoo Campground.
Our first night there was lovely and very quiet.  We enjoyed the fire, peace and wonderful weather.  The dogs slept in the car, which I am pretty sure they were fine with.  Kept our tent clean, too.  I think they would have fit ok if we needed to have them with us.

The next day we found we would have another day and night of great weather, so we decided to spend another night.  We had self-paid for one night and I forget exactly when the official checkout time was, but our plan was to head back to Gifford, get more wood, do some sightseeing and return in time to reserve the site for another night.  We left our tent behind to show that the site was occupied.

 Summit of Mt Moosalamoo….  Harry had an unintentional wardrobe malfunction… Can you spot it?  I didn't notice until looking at the pictures at home.

 Mrs in the woods at Mt Moosalamoo.

 Trailhead parking just outside Moosalamoo Campground after the hike.
 Luna relaxing in the parking lot after the hike to Moosalamoo.

 Goshen, VT Town Hall.

 USFS Route 32.  Love these routes.  So lovely.

 Back in Killington at Gifford Woods.  The woods near our site.

 Despite the gunfire, this really is a nice, private site.  We stayed the rest of the trip here with no major disruption.  Perhaps during the week is a better alternative than weekends?


A couple shots from Deer Leap Overlook.  Love this Pointer.

Small outbuilding near Killington.



Shots from a church near Killington.  I think my favorite thing, besides the red door is the pair of blue Crocs.


So, we managed to eek out a good trip despite the initial bad vibe from the ridiculous gun crap.  I will go back to Killington, but likely will avoid weekends.  I am SO glad Mrs and I made the decision to camp at Moosalamoo.  We plan to return someday.  So much to explore.


2 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

I am glad you salvaged such a great trip while being in a war zone. It is obvious that the boy loves his dog. Cool.
Hope the next storms haven't been too bad.

Barry said...

Another storm tonight through Tuesday, but there should be rain with this one. Not happy about that. Hoping the snow on the ground can absorb the water and keep it out of the basement...