It's 10 pm on Monday January 26th. The storm, as promised, is really getting organized now. It's been snowing most of the day and heavily since before dark. There is a constant howl in the air and trees that I have heard through decades of storms here. It's never really frightened me, but some storms have tested me. Hurricane Bob in 1991 comes to mind.
This is the first real storm since our new overhead electric line went in.
I was given a really nice weather station in the late summer, but unfortunately never got around to installing it on the roof peak. I regret that, but it will get done this spring. Would have been nice to have our own wind speed measurements though.
Mrs made loads of food for us this afternoon while I went to the local supermarket for additional food supplies. I made more food this evening, so I should be in good shape for most of the week.
Generator is fueled up and was running nicely earlier today. I ran the snow blower, changed the oil and lubricated the thrower shaft. Everything is covered with a tarp in the barn. The cars are out near the road. The 4Runner's 4 wheel drive is engaged. The Subaru is All Wheel Drive and I am anxious to give it a try to see if it is as good in the snow as 'they' say.
Not much else to do but wait until morning. This is supposed to rage all night and most of tomorrow.
Ready and waiting. Stay safe.
1 comment:
Looks like you have made all the preparations you can. I am glad you have a generator. That can turn misery into doable.Be safe Barry and stay warm.
Post a Comment