My father-in-law finally, after many years of searching (he's 74 now) found the car he has always wanted (and he's had MANY cars). A 1940 Ford Tudor. He has for a long time been searching for a car manufactured in his year of birth. He found it right here on the Cape and bought it. Saturday Mrs and I went to see him at a car show here in town where he was displaying the car. It was great to see him there and watch as people approached him to talk about his car.
Under the hood.
Bubba and his car.
We also spent some time looking at as many other cars as we could. It was a great morning in Falmouth!


















7 comments:
I love old cars and usually take in the shows here. Is it just for show or does he plan to drive it? It really has been nicely restored.
He does drive it, but mainly for shows. He was able to use a license plate from 1940 as well, which looks really cool.
Barry, I was in Falmouth last Friday and rode the Shinning Sea Bike path round trip, on a beautiful Fall day with my wife. We also spent time in your great public library, visited Hollis Engley, bought some pots, and looked at some real estate.
Falmouth and Cape cod are as beautiful and special as you have described them in your blog. Thank you for sharing the place.
Anon - Glad you had a nice visit. The bike path is great and great that you got some pottery!
And Anon - Do i know you or are you a blog follower. Both?
Barry
I found your blog linked at Hatchville Pottery.Between reading Hollis's and your blog I wanted to visit the Cape while visiting my sons in Boston.It is a very special place, you have fresh water and salt water all around you, and many nature reserves and parks surround you also, seems like a great place to experience the outdoors.
As nice as the Cape maybe I understand your many trips to Jamaica Park, I rented a house for a week next to the bridge to the entrance.I wonder did you find the Nearings old homestead?
Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences. Paul
Barry
PS: You almost have me convinced about the green plant diet, it's a difficult change to make. How are you doing with it these days? Paul
Post a Comment