Saturday, May 17, 2014

Nest Boxes

I helped out our local private land trust recently with the installation of new nest boxes for tree swallows which ca also be used by bluebirds and even chickadees, titmice, and house wrens.
We also cleaned out and repaired a few older boxes.

New box on an old post.
Our crew finishing up on one of the boxes.

It did not take long at all to have interested birds swooping in to check out the new boxes.  We would just finish up with one and the birds would be there.

New box with an amazing view!

This female tree swallow seemed VERY insistent that the male move aside so she could get a look at the potentially new home.

2 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

I can't keep the English Sparrows out of my boxes. I am thinking of taking them down next year. They run off the Blue Birds and swallows. I am a picky landlady.

Barry said...

I know what you mean, Patti. I've been able to manage the sparrows....