Mrs and I got lucky on Saturday and were able to see some great spring migrants that came in on south/southwest winds. I had been following the weather radar (which shows the masses of birds taking flight at night) after a tip from a guy on the local bird listserve and also a report about some nice birds seen at our town forest which surrounds one of the ponds that serves as our municipal water source.
Saturday was quite nice, one of the best in a while. We enjoyed some warbler species and also had a great show put on by two male scarlet tanagers. I wished I had our good camera with me. It's not often we get such good looks at these birds because there are usually leaves on the trees by the time they come through.
At home, we've been enjoying ruby-throated hummingbirds since late last week. I grabbed this shot on Monday.
Welcome back!

1 comment:
So glad they are making it to your area. Spring has finally arrived.
BTW, you have the worst word verification on blogger. It usually takes me three tries. Here goes---
Post a Comment