I was thinking I could just use that tent on a solo trip, but it really is a lot of tent for just one person. When I was looking at the Lone Spring tents, I decided on a Lone Spring 2 two-person tent to allow room for my pack and a dog. The price was right and I also had a great coupon deal that brought the price well under $200. I also purchased the tent footprint to go with it.
The tent (large bag complete with rain fly, poles and stakes) and the footprint (smaller bag).
The tent footprint for the Lone Spring 2. This gives a little more protection to the bottom of the tent.
Contents of the tent bag includes the tent, the rain fly (gray color), poles (in the long thin bag) and the stakes in the smaller bag.
Instructions are sewn into the main stuff sack.
Tent with the support poles in place. This is one of the easiest set ups I have ever done. the poles are very light and also come with a splint in the event of breakage during a trip.
The tent attaches easily to the poles. This is a very fast setup.
Next step is to stake the four corners to keep the tent from blowing away. In areas with hard ground one could use paracord to secure the tent corners to rocks or something else heavy enough to secure it.
Rain fly in place. The fly also has venting at the top that I did not get a picture of in the open position. This should cut down on condensation inside the tent from respiration. There is a fairly good sized vestibule area to keep your boots or even a pack under. The only real drawback to the tent is the single side entrance which would require the person on the inside to crawl over the person near the door to get out. I don't foresee an issue with this myself, but it is something to think about when purchasing a tent.
2 comments:
Looks great. On a solo trip will you take the dogs?
It could go either way. It would depend on the hiking I have planned.
Post a Comment