Earlier this year Mrs scored a Thule rooftop cargo carrier from an acquaintance of hers. We got carrier, two sets of cross bars (a pair for a wider car like our 4Runner, and a pair for a not so wide car should we acquire one in the future), and a rooftop bicycle rack for a great price.
We had been considering purchasing one of these to make more room inside the 4Runner for the dogs when we go car camping. The box will handle lighter, soft-sided items such as clothing, backpacks, bedding, the tent and so on. We cut our gear so we don't have nearly as much stuff to bring along, which was really nice last season. We are likely going to sell our little pop-up camper (under the gray cover in the picture above) since we have gone back to using our tent. We usually car camp in Vermont at the state parks there and put the tent inside of a lean to structure which gets us off the ground and eliminates the issues related to tent camping and rain.
I can't wait to give this a try. Bring on the car camping season!

3 comments:
Tent camping is true camping. My old bones wouldn't like it today but the best camping ventures I ever had were in a tent.
Have a great season.
OMG! Car camping. I have the perfect car for it but I need to start looking at yard sales to gather some gear. I lost it a few years back if you know what I mean. Maybe I should ask if there is anything he doesn't want and he would donate. Hmmm, My interest is piqued. Thanks Mr. Good.
FB - Walmart (I know, I know) has a pretty good collection of starter gear for not so much $. I even bought a couple things there, believe it or not, for one of my fire starting kits and also a stainless cook pot for backpacking.
There are places that allow dogs, if it ever comes to that…. just saying'. ;)
Post a Comment