Saturday, April 26, 2014

Progress. Sort Of.

I've been keeping busy ticking things off of the 'to do' list recently, hoping to get ahead so I can feel good about trying to get the hell off this nasty drug and crime infested sand pile a few times this spring, summer and early fall.  This week I was able to take a truckload of junk to the dump transfer station in the next town over on Friday, unloading an old washing machine, a long-dead lawn mower, a toilet, two grill sized propane tanks, and some other metals.

 I have already had to do a little mowing of grass and reclaimed an area overgrown with raspberries that don't really produce much fruit, and cleaned up a fence line as well.  The big projects are looming though.  Cleaning of the house exterior and painting.  I don't see them getting done quickly.  It's a bummer to know that I'll be missing yet another bird migration which is just starting to get going.

I really need to work on my priorities and get back to the things that gave me such peace and enjoyment.

1 comment:

Arkansas Patti said...

Though we love to see Spring, she sure beings the chores. Make time.