After work last night I sat in a comfy chair with a book waiting for the storm to start. Around 2:00 in the morning a salt/sand truck went by a couple times pre-treating the road. I fell asleep in the chair and when I woke not much later, I noted the snow had begun and the wind was also picking up. I crashed in the king-size listening to the wind.
I woke again sometime around 8:30 to even higher winds and when I peeked through the blinds I could see the snow swirling madly about.
It was hard to judge just how much snow was on the ground and it was still snowing moderately. The winds became very strong. The snow was very fine and drifting in the usual spots. This is the view from the back of the house towards the north which is the direction the wind was blowing from.
View from the window looking west. In winds like these, the snow blows around the house and sticks to the windows in the lee.
View to the south from my comfy chair. I enjoyed my coffee and read for a while next to this window.
Luna looking non-to-pleased to be getting blasted by wind and snow.
Luna warming herself in one of her favorite spots near the stove. Sprout also gets as close as possible to the stove.
A near perfect morning.
I waited for the worst of the snow to stop before I bundled up and went out to run the snow blower. It didn't take long to clear the walks and driveway, though I was not nearly as fussy about it as I normally would be since I expect it to melt quickly over the coming days.
Will this be our last accumulating snow of the '13/'14 season? Perhaps. Looks like several days of rain, sleet and snow for the weekend into next week...






1 comment:
The news made it sound much worse. Glad you kept power and the dogs weren't too put out.
Love how Luna sits. Just like my Great Dane use to on the couch.
Post a Comment