Wednesday, November 13, 2013

First Snow, 2013/2014

Many parts of the country have already had snow, but it is a bit unusual for it to happen here on Cape Cod in early November.  I have seen a good storm or two around Thanksgiving.  It was a treat - sort of, and somewhat unexpected.  Forecast was for moderate to heavy rain early Tuesday morning, possibly ending with some snow.  I watched as the rain changed to slushy mix to full on snow in a very short period of time.  I think the ocean enhanced the moisture a bit and we got a nice coating.  This did not accumulate on the roads, so no issues there.

A taste of what is to come this season?  Perhaps this will be all we get for the year.

As I type, a full 24 hours later, the sun is shining but the snow is not melting as fast as I would expect.  It's still rather cold.

I'm not really prepared for this.  I have done nothing with the snow blower and the generator could use some attention.  I've grown to just take things as they come and really don't follow the news or weather as closely as I once did.

Some shots from around Frost Bottom.










2 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

You know I am envious. I do love snow. Nothing here yet.

JohnF said...

That was a good snow.