Mrs. and I had another productive weekend sorting through stuff in one room in the basement that we call 'the tool room'. We were able to get rid of a lot of old, useless stuff, organize most of our power tools, removed old sheet rock from one small wall and have just a bit of sorting of jars of nails, screws, bolts and the like. We had another 10 or so bags of rubbish that went and we also made a pile of metal goods in the driveway for recycling. I had called one of the local sanitation companies who had advertised free removal of large appliances and it turned out they would take anything metal. So, a washer, dryer, small refrigerator and a lot of other miscellaneous other metal goods were taken away on Tuesday.
It felt good to watch the stuff going down the road bound for a better use than just taking up space in the basement. A lot of what's left we should be able to sell, at least for a little bit of money rather than sending it to the incinerator. There will still be many more bags of rubbish, but I feel like we're getting ahead of it now. It's very liberating, really.
The weather seems to have broken and we've been getting some warm-ish days with sunshine. We hit the trails with the pups on Monday and found a deer tick on Bella's back, so we know that things are warming up. Harry and Luna were happy to get some zooming in with Luna trying her best to 'herd' Harry. Something in her genes, I suppose.
She really has gotten fast and can overtake Harry in no time now. Poor guy. I let him have his own off-leash time to enjoy himself without the badgering of the Bat Dog.
Luna on a down/stay showing off her talents.
Poor Bella doesn't get much camera time since she is usually behind me on the leash while I am taking pictures. She's such a beauty queen, too. It's a shame really. I'll have to make it a point to get some shots of her.


No comments:
Post a Comment