We're pretty much as ready we can have be for what appears to be a major weather event for New England with the extra treat for us of high - as high as hurricane force or greater - winds along the coast. It's likely I will be working for the start of and during the worst of it. Whether or not I can get home after my shift at midnight on Friday/Saturday remains to be seen. I've driven in some scary stuff over the years, between the Cape and upstate New York, so I am fairly confident I can get home. When I do, I'll get a bit of sleep, then spend most of Saturday clearing what I can before my next shift. The storm is expected to still be raging at that point, so another fun commute. As I am considered one of those essential personnel, I don't have a choice of going to work or not.
I expect a foot, maybe two or more. It should be interesting. I love winter weather, but the wind is definitely going to be the major factor, and flooding along the coast because of astronomically high tides and the winds pushing the water on shore. A classic Nor'easter. So, we have plenty of food, means to prepare it should the power grid fail, and the beer fridge is packed.
I have a couple days off after it's over, so hopefully I can get out to enjoy some of it before it melts. Sun and temps in the 40s by early next week.
3 comments:
Good luck and gets lots of milk and bread, or beer and chips.
Keep your head down and stay safe Barry. Let us know when it is over that you are OK.
Hope you keep the power on but good to know you are prepared regardless.
Thanks. It has already started snowing.... Reminds me. Should charge the camera battery. :)
Post a Comment