On Saturday Mrs and I took the dogs "down Cape" to the Cape Cod National Seashore. More specifically, Newcomb Hollow Beach which is a beautiful, expansive beach along the Atlantic. We lucked out and there were very few people despite the holiday weekend and super weather.
Newcomb Hollow Beach is in the northern part of the town of Wellfleet and is part of the Cape Cod National Seashore. Almost every time I travel "down Cape" I am so thankful that the federal government was able to preserve this treasure and minimize development. I can only imagine the plague of gaudy development that would have happened in this area.
We kept the dogs on leash until we were further down the beach and then let Harry and Luna off to romp and race around.
Harry running just out of reach of the waves.
We're not sure, but this is likely Luna's first experience at the Atlantic.
Luna and Harry racing at the beach. What an amazing time they had and seemed to thoroughly enjoy it.
Harry tried climbing the very steep and high bluff while chasing a leaf. We called him back fearing a land slide!
It does not take much to entertain this dog. A stick is just fine, thank you.
Harry playing in the surf.
Love this boy.
Luna seemed to really enjoy her day at the beach. We could not get her near the waves and rushing water. I guess she is more of a pond dog. The wide open space seems to suit her just fine. We do love these rare autumn days when there are fewer visitors and more beach for us to enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment