Since day one (or maybe day two) we knew that Harry was a lover of water. He walked right in on his first visit to the pond as a puppy.
Over the weekend we went for a long walk at the nearby wildlife reservation. Harry had run though one of the watering holes at the reservation and had a bit of mud and slop on him. We decided to take a ride over to the pond and let Harry rinse off and see if Luna would go for a swim.
Luna walked in a few times and went in on her own, I think sort of by accident when she tried to follow Harry in. Soon, though, she was chasing and retrieving the stick like a pro.
As they do on land, The two played keep away with the stick, which probably helped Luna's confidence in the water as she had to go where Harry went, and she did that very well.
I think we have another lover of water in the family. We can't wait for October when the salt water beaches are again open for dogs.

2 comments:
Thanks for stopping by and checking on me Barry. I reread that post on Logan and I too find it hard to believe it has been a year. I refelt your pain. Wow does time fly. Know what you mean though,even with the adorable dogs you have now, you never forget the one that's gone.
Mighty is really showing his age these days (he will be 15 next month). He is mostly deaf and has cataracts but is still chasing those blurry rabbits. Science really needs to work on the lifespan of dogs. Take care. I will keep checking in on you when I see you have posted.
Patti - Thanks. I miss your posts, but understand completely. Obviously mine have fallen off, too.
Post a Comment