On Monday, Mrs and I went to the village of Cataumet in the town of Bourne to walk the dogs on a portion of Bourne Conservation Trust land in the Cataumet Greenway. Harry stayed home as he is still recovering from his neutering surgery last week, so Bella and Luna joined us.
We parked near the Cataumet Post Office off of Scraggy Neck Road. I printed a map from the website and I also brought the GPS receiver along to see how far we walked. The trails are nice and maintained well. Comfortably wide. Luna was able to be off leash most of the time and allowed for more recall training. She really has been a great addition to our walking trips.
Trail in the Cataumet Greenway.
Luna at Red Brook Harbor.
Luna got in a good run on the trails.
Bella, Luna and me.
It was a short walk at 1.89 miles, but I'm glad we walked here. We'll certainly go back.
Monday night we enjoyed a nice fire in the pit. I wanted to see how Luna did with it as we have a camping trip coming up this fall. Her foster parents had a fire pit, so we knew she had been exposed to it before. Mrs put a rug down for her and she curled up near the fire. I have high hopes that she will do extremely well camping.
No comments:
Post a Comment