Thursday, June 7, 2012

4-leafers

I don't put much stock in superstition, or things that "bring luck" or cause bad luck (except mirrors... I am VERY careful with mirrors), but I have had fun this spring finding, usually with little effort, a total - so far - of 4 four-leaf clovers.



These are the three I found here at FBF.  I found another this past Saturday while loading Harry into the car after his obedience class.  I picked it and handed it to Mrs.  She gave it to the trainer who was apparently shocked that I had found something with so little effort.  Something that he has been looking for all his life.  A fun little anomaly in a common (non-native) plant.

My mom would flatten them in wax paper under a heavy object so that all of the leaves could be seen, and then place them in a book.  I put these three in her copy of Newcomb's Wildflower Guide.

3 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

Lucky you. Can't say I have ever looked for any but am certain none have ever volunteered like those did you. Hope they bring great luck.

Darlene said...

U remember looking for four leaf clovers as a child. I think I did find one once, but I certainly can't remember if it brought me good luck. I hope yours do.

Barry said...

I've found 3 more since. All in the same 5 minute period!