Thursday, December 22, 2011

Winter, Cape Cod Style

10 am. 54 °F. Really??  It's a beautiful day.  


I heard Mrs come back in to the bedroom this morning to let Harry out of his crate.  I had ordered him back in after he fussing and poking me at some dark hour.  I think he was whining a bit in his crate, unless I was dreaming that.  I guess she figured he would want to go outside for a pee.  Nope.  He made the distance across the bedroom floor in a split second and in a leap or two he was in the bed wiggling and lapping my face with his ridiculously big tongue.  Good morning!  I think we stayed there for a while until the alarm clock sounded (after hitting snooze a number of times) reminding me that I had a cycling workout to get to.  My last 2011 cycling workout.






I was able to comfortably tend to the animals this morning in short sleeves and no worries about ice.  There were little red spider mite critters all over the deck this morning.  I have been seeing them every year on warm winter days for some time now, usually covering the surface of the water in the horse buckets.  Were they here when I was a kid?  I don't remember them.  There are also these fairly good size, orange  flies that enjoy the waste left behind by the horse and dogs.  I don't recall them from my youth, either.  Was I paying attention then?  Have they moved in from other regions due to the warming?


Cycling workout was great.  Off to walk these pups.  Can't pass up a day like this in December!

No comments: