Sunday, August 7, 2011
Wet Run
After about 3.5 (three and one half, if you missed the decimal point) I went to running group this morning at 7:30. Little bit of rain splattering the windshield and there was more, heavier stuff to come. Normally I would not even bother going out for a run, but running group goes rain or shine. Suck it up, right? It was not that bad at all. Once you get rolling the rain feels pretty good. I expect if this were October or November I would be singing a different song.
The men (both of us) ran around the high school and one lap of the track. We did this three times with a rest in between each. The coach went easy on us as two of us are running the 7 mile Falmouth Road Race coming up soon. I get the feeling I was maybe not taking it as easy as she wanted, but I was feeling really great this morning.
At the end of the class, the four of us walked the track two times in near-pouring rain for our warm down and chatted. By the time I was getting back to the car, I was getting chilled. The running singlet and shorts offer little in the way of warmth, especially when sopping wet. This was a good thing for me today. One never knows what weather will occur on race day, so why not get used to it?
Mrs and I spent the morning and afternoon relaxing a little bit and she also worked on her signs. I decided to sign up for a half marathon coming up in late October. The paperwork is filled out, the check is written and the stamp is on the envelope ready to go. Can I be ready??? I damn well better be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Brave man. I admire people with the stamina to enter a marathon. I have trouble walking, much less running now. Good luck in your marathon.
Post a Comment