It seems we have a lot of purple blooming in early June. Very soon there will be other colors, but purple is big right now. I have yet to do anything with the garden. I still need a section of fencing to keep the chickens out. We're doing very little and I will scrounge through seeds from last year and plant some off of that. I'm just no in the mood for it this year.
Some of our many irises blooming in the perennial bed.
Our lone clematis did very well this year and the largest blooms are as big as my hand.
Our poor old rhody. Lots of flowers this year.
And here's something else not in purple. One of our two weigela shrubs also did very well this year. I think the combination of a lot of warmish rainy days in May had a lot to do with the abundance of flowers. Of course the ever-concerned-about-the-big-hurricane guy in me thinks it has something to do with the plants knowing they might have a tough late-summer/fall coming. Really, it's likely the result of no late freeze here again this year. Things have definitely changed here, the climate among them.
I've signed up for a few races, one of which is coming up soon. It's a 5k. I ran the course yesterday and enjoyed it. It follows Vineyard sound the entire way, save for two short circles through neighborhoods. I spent a few hours over the last couple days cutting grass at the former kennel property as well. I'm content with that.
No comments:
Post a Comment