Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Moving On?

Last week I attempted to buy additional space for the blog (I used up the allowed 1 gig with large photo files).  When I attempted to buy the space The Google didn't like the Apple product that I use so I have to fire up my old laptop at some point to do that.  Or do I?  I'm considering starting a new blog and leaving this one go to the archives.  Or, I may just give it up altogether and go on with my life.  The original focus of the blog - gardening and such -  has gotten lost in the travels and other mundane daily stuff that goes on around here.

I have a couple weeks backlog in my head and on my camera.  I made no notes about when Mrs and I did stuff (I have been on vacation for the better part of the month) so any update would be haphazard at best.  I kept putting off the buying of additional space and am way behind now.

I had no hits on the blog today, save for one, that were not my own.  Not good ratings.  So, depending on my mood in the next day or so, I may or may not be back either to continue here or move on to another blog with different format and subject matter.

A quick update to recent events:


  • The 5 bluebird babies hatched and the parents are madly feeding them.
  • The ant colony in the bedroom wall is dead.
  • Logan's 3rd surgery went well and all of the staples stayed in place so far.  Unfortunately it appears more  growths are occurring in the same area faster than he can heal.
  • Sunday I begin a 10 week running and cycling program with a coach who lives locally.

5 comments:

Hollis Engley said...

Hmmmm ... let me know how this decision goes, Barry. Hate to see you disappear ...

JohnF said...

Can't ya just go in and delete some old ones and get some space back, or resize your pictures?

Any real blog posts you want to keep for your kids or somethin' you can have made into a book.

After all, who do we really blog for?

I go to your blog whenever it says you have a new post.

Nancy said...

Sorry to hear about Logan! Personally, I enjoy your blog and would hate to see you go!

Darlene said...

I would hate to see you stop blogging. It takes a long time to build a following.

I would look into Word Press. I understand that those that use it are very happy with it. I also am told there is a learning curve that discourages me, but you are much younger and would probably have no trouble.

Arkansas Patti said...

Don't vanish Barry. If you have to change blogs, let me know where the new you will be. I had no idea there were limits.
Give Logan a hug for me and I hope he quits making tumors.