Blue jay
American robin
White-throated sparrow
Common grackle
Brown-headed cowbird
Red-bellied woodpecker
Downy woodpecker
Hairy woodpecker
Northern flicker
Red-shouldered hawk (unexpected!)
Mourning dove
American goldfinch
Song sparrow
I am sure there were more, but I was not really trying.
Bike path and railroad tracks at mile 10.6 in North Falmouth. The beginning, or the end depending on the direction you are going.
Informational kiosk.
Mind the turtles!
Cranberry bog near Wing Pond ready for another season.
The bike path lies directly behind The Silver Lounge. This is a North Falmouth must do if you're in the area. I have been going here for 30 years or so. The caboose is also a seating area. The far end of the building is Uncle Bills Country Store which is always worth a look..
2 comments:
That is just a marvelous walking path you have. I am so envious. Here when we walk, we are either going up or down. "Level" in not in our vocabulary.
Patti - It really is one of the best things in this town. What's really nice is all of the shopping, eating, sight-seeing and other things you can do from it, all by bike or on foot.
One day I hope to do an in-depth blog, more so than one I did last year.
Post a Comment