Monday, February 14, 2011

Warm Up, Cool Down, Warm Up

Warm-ish and windy today.  Lots of snow and ice melting.  Our seashell driveway is soft and most of the ice is finally gone.  It is sloppy and the mud leaves a whitish wash on tires and boots.  We hit the upper 40s today and it was mostly sunny.  Overnight the forecast is temps in the upper teens; 20s tomorrow.  Later in the week, back up to the 40s.

I played with the camera again at Wood Neck Beach yesterday changing aperture, shutter and ISO settings to give various smooth looks.  The new blog header is probably the best of many shots I took.  This was pretty close to sunset, mostly overcast sky.

I was experimenting  at this particular beach based on an award winning shot that my basic digital photography instructor took in almost the exact spot, but using a wide angle lens and more expensive camera.  She also uses what is called raw format and finishes the images on her computer.  I am hoping this link works to show her brilliant image.

http://www.dorenesykes.com/capecod/h225926c5#h225926c5

1 comment:

Arkansas Patti said...

No offence to your instructor but I like yours better.
You really are getting pro-like with your camera.
Now get a picture of a bird sinking in the snow:))