Thursday, February 3, 2011

Delia

I will not be able to sit still tonight.  I will be missing John's show in Lowell, MA despite numerous opportunities to get good, if not great, seats.  This is tearing me up because I always feel like this could be the last chance I get to see him and his band.  Sometimes not having friends who share your interests is a drag.

Here's "Delia" as performed by John Mellencamp while warming up for A&E Private Sessions in December, with a bit of a twist in the short (for lack of a better description) chorus.  Delia was first recorded over 70 years ago by Blind Willie McTell.

2 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

Aw, I'm sorry you will be missing him Barry, I know how you like that fellow.
You turned me on to him with "Walk Tall".

20th Century Woman said...

I saw your comment at Darlene's, and came over to have a look. I like what I see, especially the very fine dog pics. I think Jerry and I live a life similar to yours, on an island in Puget Sound, but, of course, we are retired -- getting pretty old. I will be back here soon.