Yesterday I headed out to maybe find a couple shots to take for my second to last Basic Digital Photography class I have been taking on Saturdays for the last month. I stopped at a local beach called Menauhant (pronounced mahn-aunt, emphasis on the 'a' in aunt). This is likely one of the first beaches I ever saw back when we moved here in 1974 and was not far from our first rental home on a road called Squibnocket Drive.
The Old Menauhant Bridge. This used to be the road before storms, tides and a slightly rising sea level forced a change years ago. I do remember driving over this bridge.
Protecting the dunes.
It was quite cold with eye-watering wind whipping off Vineyard Sound. Note the ice on the rocks.
I've been trying to capture some of our very local buildings as well, especially the older ones. On Monday night I was determined to play with the camera at the East End Meetinghouse not far from FBF. Originally built in 1797, it has been home to the Falmouth Jewish Congregation since 1983. A more in-depth history can be found here, about half way down the page.
This is a black & white version.

1 comment:
Love how you captured the spray Barry.
Kind of a cold day for the beach but the pictures are worth the chill.
Post a Comment