Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Nice One

Today was one of those days that makes me forget about the five days of miserable weather we just had.  After much poking and prodding by the dogs, I finally got up, let them eat and took them outside.  I was amazed at how wonderfully warm it was, especially in the sun.  They did their thing while I fed the other critters and I decided it was a good day for a run.


After a couple cups of coffee, some water and a bagel I headed to town to run the Coffee-O 5 mile route.  I actually expected to have to walk at least some of this, but I did manage to run - jog, really - the entire route.  My lungs were not happy and as I type this are still protesting a bit.  My time was not off terribly, but certainly I lost a bit of my conditioning.  It was well worth it and I am please that I got out.

Stopped at Coffee-O for a double mocha latte and then hit Kappy's to resupply the beer, wine and Captain Morgan.  Quick stop at the grocery store as well.


Mrs was at a local medical facility all day for her clinical rotation and will be again on Sunday.   My plan is to try to get a good chunk of outside work accomplished.  I started sinking wooden fence posts for the soon-to-be dog play area.  More on that as it develops!

2 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

So glad you got a good one and could stretch out a bit to work off that cabin fever.
We had a beaut Friday actually hit 80, yesterday was OK and I am pretty sure that was the end. 27 degrees this AM.

Darlene said...

You can really appreciate a nice day when winter beckons. I'm glad you made the most of it.

Congratulations on being able to run/jog for a long time. I can't even walk far without panting now.