Thursday, August 19, 2010

Welcome First Family

FBF lies under one of several flight paths for the Massachusetts Military Reservation, formerly known as Otis Air Force Base. Coast Guard Air Station Cape Cod also calls it home. Air Force One touched down there sometime this afternoon. I was hoping that Marine One and it's support helicopters would fly low and in formation again over FBF this year, but they did not. So below is the best image I could capture.

It is likely that Marine One is the dot above the tree line on the right hand side of the image, though I am sure we never know which one he is actually on. I still was able to get good views of it, but not like last year when it flew directly over the kennel while I was outside working and could almost count the rivets in the belly of the aircraft. What an awesome sight and experience that was.

On the return flight to MMR , there was a bit of a better view of the helicopters.

No comments: