Friday, August 20, 2010

Tomatoes Galore

I spent a little more time in the garden this morning - not much, really - and picked another 22 pounds of tomatoes. I think we have plenty frozen so I am hoping we can find some time to make salsa. We have all the other ingredients we need. As with everything else, it's a matter of making the time.

I love this basket. Mrs bought it at the nearby farm. There they sell these in many sizes. They can be moistened and formed into any shape you want to create, however I prefer it as is. These baskets are made in Africa.

5 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

That is one cool basket and such a harvest. My favorite Romas I see are nestled in there.

Hollis Engley said...

I got a bunch of Marzanos last week from a friend and roasted them with a bit of olive oil and salt at 425 for about 30 minutes. Unbelievable. Try it with some of your harvest.

Barry said...

Sounds great, Hollis! I saw that post. Thanks.

Susan said...

Your tomatoes are gorgeous. We have had so much rain this summer that about 80% of mine are split --plus a slug infestation. I have taken to harvesting then still a bit green to get them before anything happens to them. If it ever dries out the second half of the crop might be better.
I covet the basket.

Darlene said...

I wanted to grab a tomato right out of that neat basket and pop it in my mouth. I am sure you are aware that a tomato purchased in a Tucson market is usually tasteless.

Lovely photo of the red fruit.