Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I Run Because I Can

I grabbed this video off of the Falmouth Road Race Facebook page. I ran 5 miles today in the heat and humidity. Good stuff. I think of things like this, or my parents who are no longer here, or anyone I can think of that is far worse off than I am, which is not that difficult. These things usually get me over a particularly hard spot in the run.




I am hoping that I can get myself disciplined enough and manage to set aside enough time for myself to train for longer runs with the hope of completing a half marathon in the next year. I lost my mother when she was 46. At 40, I have this almost dreadful sense of urgency to live each day as if it were my last.

3 comments:

Live/Love/Life said...

You are awesome~ Keep loving it. I really need to try again. I will be needing the motivation.

Anonymous said...

How did you do? It was a great day for a road race!

Barry said...

It was the PERFECT day for the road race.

1 hour 4 minutes 10 seconds. A minute better than last year. :)

There is a blog post coming, maybe tonight. The pictures are loaded, just need to write it up.